About The Bridge
The Chiapas Bridge is a two-lane bridge in Mexico that crosses over the Netzahualcoyotl Lake. It is 1,208 meters long and 8 meters wide connecting Veracruz and Chiapas. Its exact location is Km 961 of the Coapas-Ocozocoautla highway and cuts the travel time from Mexico City to Chiapas by roughly 3.5 hours. The bridge has been in service since December of 2003.
The objective was to monitor the integrity and behavior of the bridge structure, and the kinds of effects cause by high traffic and heavy loads that may cause damage and fatigue. There are strain and temperature sensors in 16 different locations and the system is run on solar power.
- (1) Micron Optics sm130-500
- (1) Micron Optics sp130-500
- (1) Micron Optics sm041-416
- (16) Micron Optics os3100 Spot-Weld Strain Gage
- (16) Micron Optics os4100 Temperature Comp. Sensors